Monday, April 8, 2013

Just a little spring Tunic

I have been sewing since I was twelve years old, thanks to my Grandmother.  But I just recently starting sewing big time again, well 2 years ago.  This is my first Oliver and S pattern.  And lets just say I am smitten!  I love all things vintage, and these patterns are just the perfect mix of vintage and classic children's clothing!  I love using a trendy/bold print to make it just a tad more modern.  Well I started off with the Skater Dress and made it the tunic length.  It is just perfect for leggings on a crisp spring day!  I followed the 2T pattern size for Lendee (who is 3) and the top is a tad big, but the rest was perfect.

 
I love how this top came together.  It was so simple, only 3 pieces, well and lining!
It was also a simple one button closure, with no button hole.
 


 
I think she likes it, even if it was a yucky day! 
After I finished Lendee's top I quickly finished Carleigh and Graceannes.  I let them all pick their own material.  I ordered a fat quarter of Robert Kaufman cotton lawn voile "London Calling" 
I think Carleigh and Graceanne's looks a little Liberty of London with a much better price tag!  It took me two fat quarters for each girls tunics!



I can't wait to try more Oliver and S patterns.  It sure is a nice change from drafting my own patterns!


No comments:

Post a Comment