I first drafted pants off a pair of pants in Lendee's closet and made a Ruffle in the chevron material in the opposite direction for contrast. I then decided, what the heck, why not add another ruffle with the material I had for the top. I did a rolled hem on the ruffles with my serger to keep the ruffles light.
For the top I drafted an A line top, with a half lining and put in a zipper! Bazinga! those are actually getting easier and look so much better than my stinky button holes. at first the top seemed a little plain, so I cut a strip of the chevron rolled the hems and ran a gathering stitch down the center. I added some interfacing to the inside front of the shirt and sewed on the ruffle. I then attached 2 large square buttons (LOVE).
For the sleeves, I made them 3 quarter length with shirred detailing close to the cuffs.
Older sister saw the material and wanted a matching outfit, but no ruffle pants, so I made her an A line dress A little "Twiggy" in my opinion. but she loves it.