Friday, May 31, 2013

Changes

As I sit here and type at the end of the day sitting in my empty classroom I  can smell shaving cream rising from the clean empty desks.  I look over at the empty cubbies and bare walls and my heart aches and races with excitement at the same time.  I have taught first grade in this same classroom for a wonderful school that gave this new graduate a chance nine years ago. 




I hear the other teachers talking in the hall and think, those are my friends.... am I sure I want to do this?????

God has given me a peace.  A peace to quit this career for a new chapter in my life....

I will be going from full time teacher to a part time children's Coordinator for my home church. 
Wow typing it makes it seem real....

I know this is a true God thing.  He will calm my nerves, He will make the transition easier, He will make our finances stretch.  I will be able to help at church at rebuilding our children's ministries, focus on my relationship with God, with my husband, and with the girls.



I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, I mean, come on, who doesn't!?!? Have you seen my kids? Precious girls!  I will now get to spend more time with them!  I will be able to volunteer in classrooms, and parties, and stay at home 5 out of 7 days a week!! Hallelujah! 




I will be able to use my degree, and experiences more at the church.  I will be able to have fun with the kids and not worry about test scores, grades, and all the legislative "stuff".  I will be able to teach God's Word without worrying, will I get in trouble for reading a Christmas book?!?!?!


I love teaching... I am going to miss it....

But God has plans for me, and my family and I am ready for what he has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. This sounds like such a great direction for you! Your church will be lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete